Is your image centred?

I am giving up on my old Analog rig soon!
The image on most of my disk is not centred! Some shifted to the left, some shifted to the right!! Yet, some are dead centred!!! WHY???
My rig:
Thorens 125 mark2
SME 2009R
Otofon MC20 Super, Grado Prestige Gold
luna
Perfectly normal, and if you increase resolution you will hear this even more. Vinyl playback is not perfect, but it still makes beautiful music. So if one insists on rock-solid, pin-point images there is always the IPod. ;-)
Since I've set up my table with the Mint, I have very centered imaging. I have been in the live recording studio, and attest that singers are in a booth. Their performance is carried on an individual track and in the mix, is positioned in the center of the orchestra. If your image is moving around, it's a fault and I would look at your setup. You say the Grado is the biggest culprit..probably the Grado is off "perfection" the most.
Stringreen,

I agree with you regarding most every classical LP I own, which isn't much, and with jazz. But with most other recordings (pop/rock/country) this shift in image and soundstage happens most often. Usually it is done as a gimmick. At least that is what I experience, even after Minting.
What you describe is normal and is what a good system should do. If everything was to the left or right then you have a problem.
You cartridges could be magnetized and or you could have a loose wire or connection on the turntable at the cartridge end or the interconnect end.

I would demagnetize the cart then clean the connections to make sure they are good and tight and treat with Pro Gold or other. Also, stylus wear could be a problem or VTA or Azimuth could be off. Last if you are using a tubes in the phono section they could be weak tubes too.
That's just my opinion.
More to discover