Isolation question. Monitor on Subwoofer

Just curious...

I have 2 subs, and due to space limits i have been thinking about going with Monitors and putting them on the subwoofers.

Here is my idea, if anyone knows if this will not work please let me know why.

Subwoofer on spikes.
On top of subwoofer either a marble or granite slab. Felt beneath the slab to keep it from scratching the top of the sub.
Monitor speakers coupled on small custom built stands (possibly built to hold sand or leadshot) to achieve the correct height, spikes on the stand which would sit on the granite above the subwoofer

Would this achieve decent isolation between the monitor and subwoofer? I see alot of speakers with built in subwoofers, or other types of speakers with the fullrange box and monitor on top, (GMA Continuims, Watt/puppy, etc)

Thoughts on this from you Coupleing/Isolation Guru's?

Would this do a decent job of isolation or should i look into other methods?
slappy
I think they were hired to entertain the troops at a booth at the Cedia AV show and clubs to the northeast of downtown Indianapolis just last weekend..Thats what I saw and I think I remember..They shared the same chair and were friendly with each other and anyone else for that matter...Tom
No the one on the right had eyes that were more to the south and a complexion that had slightly more contrast and texture than her counterpart to the right who had more highlights and who's edge enhancement was slightly more defined..They were the perfect couple.. or in stereo the perfect four.Or maybe that was how Quadrophonic was meant to be..Tom