Jay’s Audio CD Transport

I’m just curious if anyone has been able to see the black version of either the Jay’s Audio CDT2 or CDT3 in the flesh?

I haven’t been able to see either in person as of yet, but all of the photos I see are usually of the silver version. 

Im wondering what you have thought of the finish quality of the black vs the silver version. 

I ask as my other components are black and I’m just trying to decide which color to go with. 

Thank you and best wishes to you all,

Don

no_regrets

@no_regrets the CDT2 has a nice CLK, but the whole top R 3rd of the CDT3 is CLK and its PSU. It’s very a serious audio effort to make the best CLK they can for it. And I think that is a large part of the improvement, but not all.

Additionally, the boards and build quality is exemplary. I’m actually a senior EE by career, having spent over 25 years in PC and notebook development industry. One of my main functions was reviewing schematic and layout design for some of the world’s major computer OEMs. If you’re concerned this might be poor quality stuff, ease your mind and don’t be; it’s not.

TK TEKAudioSpecialties

I too have the CDT-2 Mk III in black and it's aesthetically very nice, robust and sounds great.   I like that I can use the I2S output which in my opinion sounds the best.  

@no_regrets 

I don't know if this matters to you but I find the writing difficult to read on the black face. Not really an issue if you use the remote but a difference from the silver face, all the same.  

@stuartk "I don't know if this matters to you but I find the writing difficult to read on the black face. Not really an issue if you use the remote but a difference from the silver face, all the same." You do bring up a good point.  Although, I do seem to like the contrast of the silver buttons on the black face... I think it looks nicer as to my eyes, at least, it sets it off nicer.  The silver buttons on the silver faceplate blends in.  I'm guessing over time, I will learn to remember what each button will stand for.

@liquidsound I'm glad to hear that you feel the black finish is very nice!  If I get the Jay's, I have decided to get it in black wink

Thank you both for your sharing your comments with me!

Best wishes,

Don