Jitter issues with dacs....

Are these issues overated, underated, audible, inaudible, unvoidable, or unvoidable?
128x128phasecorrect
Kana813 - no I have not measured the jitter. I would like to, but I need some equipment that I cannot currently afford in order to do this....

Eldartford is correct. Solving the jitter problem only requires FIFO buffering at the desination. However, it is non-trivial to still maintain all of the real-time functions of a typical DVD or CD player with a FIFO buffer queuing the data, such as fast forward, skip etc, without incurring large latency penalties.
Audioengr: All cd have some kind of buffer, large or small. In fact, they would not function without buffering their data after reading from the disk. The problem is that the clock itself has jitter. Anyway, I hope people would understand more before voicing their opinions.
Andy2 - I am referring to a large FIFO buffer at the DAC, not in the transport. If this is in place, then the data can be clocked out of this buffer independent of the speed of the drive, virtually eliminating jitter, assuming the read clock is very stable.

I know a little bit about this, having designed digital harware as a EE for almost 30 years. I was a design team leader on the Pentium 2.
Audioengr- thanks for your response. I know the measurement
equipment is very expensive, but it would be interesting
to find out what level of jitter reduction is required for
better sound quality. It also appears, that the input receiver on some DACs is more sensitive to jitter than others.

Andy2- "The problem is that the clock itself has jitter."
This is why I still use the discontinued Genesis Digital Lens, and a number of audiophiles are now using a Apogee Big Ben to deal with clock issues.

But, as I said in my eariler post, if you feed your transport or CDP's clock cleaner power, you can improve it's performance and reduce jitter. Upgrading cheap polarized caps in the digital circuit path also helps.