KR Enterprise Amps, "Do they have the power"

Hi, I am getting the KR 6000 VT monoblock amps. I tried to look for some info on it but very few was availible . I never had a chance of listen to a KR amp and I never use a valcuum transducer amp before. Can anyone give my a little break down on the amp. Does it have the power to run most big tower speaker on the market, like the Dunlavy?... How good is the bass reproduction...? etc. I have the Mc XR19 speaker ( two 12" woofer, one 8"mid, 12 1" tweeter ). Thanks
trandanny820
I owned the KR VT6000 for awhile. It has a lot of power, enough to drive about anything. Bass is what the KR amps do best. But don't expect a typical tube sound from the "vacuum transducer". The VT6000 can be a little hard and sterile sounding in some cases. The other cavaet is that the tubes are sealed, and have to be replaced by a factory tech. And they do go bad. Shipping can get very expensive. There was no KR US service when I owned mine, so I had to send it back to Prague for $1000. shipping both ways. I've owned other KR products that were trouble free, but this one was a bad experience for me.
Glreno,
Thanks for the feedback. How long should the tube last on the KR VT6000 amp. I never used a tube amp before so hopefully it would be a good experience. What kind of speakers are you running with the VT6000, btw? I listen to a lot of techno, deep house, and acid jazz music, which have fast moving bass and a fast contest tempo ..... This type of music is not made for bookshelf speakers. It sound best with speakers that have a lot of drivers..... Will the KR6000 have to power to rock at a high!!!! volume with ease because I listen to my music super loud. I found out that the more power the amp have to smoother would sound when playing at a high volume...
Danny
I no longer have the amp. It's been so long ago that I owned one, I can't even remember what speakers I had at the time. The VT6000 does have power. If you're using a dynamic driver speaker, you should have no problem. The tubes of the amp I had may have been damaged in shipping. KR leaves the tubes in place in the amp when they ship them. KR says the tubes should last 20,000 hours, I believe. All I can tell you is that it really sucks when one goes bad, because it isn't user replacable. They do have a US service person now, though. The VT6000 should work well for the type of music you listen to.
danny,
i used to own a KR antares with dunlavy sc IV.i believe my KR antares only put out 25W.i have to say it is a great sounding amplifier,but just not put out enough power for my dunlavy.i am not familiar with the VT6000.hope this will help