Linda Ronstadt can't sing anymore.

Do not know if everyone has seen or heard this, but Linda Ronstadt has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and can't sing anymore.

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/24/215035751/ronstadt-tells-aarp-she-has-parkinsons

If one can say that a particular artist/group got them into high-end audio, she would be mine.

Definitely in my top 5 of favorite female vocalists.

Very sad indeed...
128x128mofimadness
+1 Tubegroover !
Her music will go on for a very long time !
Happy Days to you Linda Ronstadt .
I have a three-box set of French pressings of the work she did with Nelson Riddle. I just recorded it to CD the other day to play in the car. I went to see her concert where she sang all of her Mexican music. I think half of the Hispanic population of Los Angeles was there. She brought the house down ... my gawd, she was great! The audience was so into her Mexican music ... it was such a joy to watch. And by the way, Linda used the very best musicians from Mexico City for that concert, including one guy who walked out on the stage holding a guitar, and under a single spot light, played a Rodrigo composition so beautifully, it brought tears to more eyes than mine. A great night it was!
Great post Oregonpapa. Is it still possible to buy the CDs anywhere.

Btw, how long will it take for ARC to ship your Ref 75 SE? As you know, I am pondering upgrading my Ref 150 to the SE version. Waiting for objective member comments.

I think you mentioned there was a part vendor issue and ARC is running behind with making the SE version. I am in no rush ... and it would be kinda' dumb to send my amp in for the upgrade just to have it sit waiting for parts.

Thanks for your post. Great community we have here.
Bifwynne ...

Here's her Mexican music for sale on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINDA-RONSTADT-CANCIONES-DE-MI-PADRE-CD-/221714451701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339f360cf5

On the delivery date on the REF-75 ... It takes four days from time of shipment to my front door. They keep telling me "any day now." Yes, there is a special "fancy" badge that will be attached to all new SE amps. These badges were designed in, and shipped from Italy. My understanding is that they have been hung up at Customs. So, as soon as ARC has the badges in place the amps will be shipped. At this point, the amps are all completed and just sitting awaiting these badges.

One thing I've learned over the years in my relationship with the folks at ARC ... they are very patient in their quest for perfection, service and reliability. You know how long it took for them to approve the KT-150 replacement in existing KT-120 amps, right? Well, my understanding is, they had over 5000 KT-150 hours on their test amps without a single failure before that final approval. Its a very conservative company and they honestly don't do anything without the end user in mind. There isn't a piece of equipment that gets shipped without an extensive listening to by WG... even to the extent of orienting the fuses in the best location for the best sound. Even every piece that's been sent in for repair gets the same treatment.

Like I said in another thread ... if the SE amps are as good as my source says they are ... get your checkbook out.

Yep ... a great community it is.

Take care ...
Rpulsa: sorry, I can't let this go... if you believe Oswald was the lone (or lobe?) Gunman...you are the one that is out of touch.