linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
I used to own a Linn. I hated the bouncy platter and sub assembly and it was cheaply made. It was expensive so that made it all better.
@rmwear you used to own a Linn...what model? How long ago? Inexpensively made..how? What do you own now...a VPI. LOL?
It was very long ago Davey, probably one of the early ones. There wasn't much to it. Now I have a Technics SP-10MKIII, Teac TN-400, JVC QL-F6, Micro Seiki SX-1500 FVG, Empire 598, Dual CS 714Q and Technics SL-1200 and maybe a couple of other ones. Anyway most are pretty good.
Just discovered this thread and thought I’d chime in.  

I’ve had an LP12 for (at least) 25 years.  The motor recently conked out and I was going to use this as an opportunity to get my Cirkus/Ekos/Linto/Lingo version keeled and radikalized - until I recently went to an audio show and heard a Palmer 2.5/Origami arm which caused me to consider changing direction. (BTW, none of the other “super turntables” I heard at the show caused the same reaction). Anyway, I started a thread on this forum to solicit advice about which direction to go, and daveyf was kind enough to share his thoughts.  

The thought I would like to share on this thread is that I never had a problem with the Linn the whole time I had it, and it got a lot of use! It never went “out of tune” or got sluggish, unfocused, etc. Quite the contrary, it has been a problem-free, consistently musical joy to use, so I am always surprised to read that others find it to be finicky and/or unreliable. 

I still haven’t decided whether to go with the Palmer or an upgraded Linn, but it’s an awfully nice problem to have, and I’m pretty sure  that I’m in a win-win situation.
@latenitecity. Thank you for sharing that. Unfortunately, on this thread and many others about the LP12; there are folks who unlike you, have never owned a LP12, or who did decades ago...and yet these very same folks are far more experienced in the ownership and understanding of how this table works and sounds, than the both of us.