Living room system: class A or AB amps?

Would class A be suitable for a living room system? Apart from hi-fi listening sessions, it's also used a lot for watching TV.

Would it make more sense to get good class AB amplifiers, which can be switched on permanently without drawing huge amounts of power? I wouldn't want to warm-up an amp first before getting good sound.

For this system, I have so far only purchased the speakers: Focal Stella Utopia Evo. Room is big: 1,200 square feet with openings to hallways.

I'd consider to pair them with Gryphon Mephisto and Pandora. But that's class A...

Opinions and amp suggestions are welcome!

robert1976
Just get the amp that sounds the best with your speakers.  The only limiting factor would be if you needed to hide the amp in an enclosure.
Just get the amp that sounds the best with your speakers.  The only limiting factor would be if you needed to hide the amp in an enclosure.
You'd have no problems running class A amps at hundreds of watts day and night in the living room?

Unfortunately no dealers out there with Focal Stella Evo's on demo with several different amplifiers to audition.
Let alone my considerations: Gryphon Mephisto, Luxman M-900u mono, and D'Agostino Progression mono.

P.S. I may want to have some enclosure around the amps, but easy enough to add some active ventilation with quiet fans.
Robert, it sounds like you know your answer about Class A. Just get Class A/B or better Class D. I have a FirstWatt J2 Class A and it will get really warm. I had a prior class A/B and I could leave it on all the time without any major heat issues. I do not do this with my J2. I would look at Pass a/b's. 
PASS 250.8 or 350.8 asap!!
Would that be enough for the 374lbs a piece Focal Stella Evo’s? I’d rather risk a little overkill vs. underpowering them. Guess X600.8 monoblocks then?

Robert, it sounds like you know your answer about Class A.

Not so sure yet. Just read class A sounds good too without a warm-up (although better as temperature increases). I live in a tropical climate and my room temp is always at least 25°C / 77°F.
That may shorten warm-up times compared to a system in a Canadian basement in winter :)