Looking for an integrated amp to replace my Cayin A-50T

I currently have a Cayin A-50T integrated amp, and I recently had one of the EL34s die (due to age--not the amp...). Given the current tube shortage, I had to pay an inflated price for a new quad of tubes, which has caused me to consider a solid state integrated as a back-up initially, and based on the performance, possibly replace the Cayin. My speakers are Reynaud Euterpe Jubile (89dB/4 ohm) and my source is an Oppo 205.

I have no complaints whatsoever with the Cayin--just looking for a back-up and possibly get away from tubes in the future. As such, I am looking for SS integrated that would lean towards the same sonic signature--in the $1000-$2000 range. Since the Oppo has a volume control, I may be open to a power amp--in which case I would be open to an older well regarded model that I could perhaps obtain for a good price...

Regarding the integrated options--I only need a couple of inputs, and do not require a phono stage. Digital inputs are not a requirement, but could prove useful. I have been out of this for a while, so I am just getting back up to speed. If I had to choose today, I would go with a Cambridge CXA-81. The Rogue Sphinx or a Rotel are other options. perhaps a one of the Parasounds or something else I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance for all input/suggestions!

Bob

Ag insider logo xs@2xpretender

@panzrwagn Thanks--I have to admit that I initially dismissed Marantz (and other great products from the past) only because I assumed that the current products bear no resemblance to their predecessors.  However, after doing a brief search, it is definitely worth checking out!

I had a good experience with the Atoll amp. Not sure about the sonic signature, but it's very well made. Here's a review which you might learn from: 

Here it is for $1700, used: 

@philgo01 Yep, that is my dilemma--either find something under $1000 for a spare, or spend more and replace.  Before I purchased the Cayin, I had a Belles Aria that I got for a good price here on Audiogon.  I prefer the Cayin, but I could live happily with something like the Belles.  (I know--Why not buy another one?  I would definitely consider it, but there appears to be a lot of other interesting options to try out...)

I have had the pleasure to audition a Vincent SV-500 recently.  Lower end of your price range.  This does have three tubes in the preamp however--but they will last for many many years.  This is a very well thought out integrated where money was wisely spent as far as parts selection goes.  Build quality is excellent.  But all this would mean nothing if it didn't sound good. IT DOES.

I placed this is one of my systems where is displaced a $4000 integrated amp.  Was I in a hurry to move back to my reference?  Not at all.  I was amazed by the generous sound stage this amp produced.  It never sounded short on power.  Amazing the kind of juice you can get out of a single pair of high quality output transistors!  The amp is fundamentally neutral.  Not at all veiled but no edge to the music (which I am intolerant of).  Have not heard your amp but can't imagine you would not be pleased with this unit.

On the other hand, if you just stuck with the Cayin I never viewed the cost of tubes even now a deal breaker.  (I once had a tube integrated with 14 tubes--now that would be a deal breaker).

+Van Alstine

I'd check out Klaus' Cyclops ... highly regarded by owners:  Odyssey Audio

Concur @jasonbourne52  ... Shenzhen Audio putting out some ridiculously silent equipment at equally ridiculous prices.  I have one of their DACs ... it's better than I deserve