Looking for inexpensive preamp

So here is the current gear
Paradigm Premier 800F most of the time, sometimes KEF R100 for SpeakersArcam FMJ P35 AmplifiersRotel 1066 Pre-amp
I feel the Rotel is currently the weak link.  Does anyone have any thoughts on a good replacement.  Not afraid of used.
I am considering going to the KEF Q750s but that is still down the road.
I like a warmer sound, I like detail but too bright and I can get annoyed.
Music ranges are all over the board.  Disturbed to Stravinsky.  Although no Rap or Opera.  Prefer Folk and acoustic.

Trying to stay under 1k $$$$
schwantner
i also found rotel to be a little unnaturally bright--i switched to an arcam, which is warmer/smoother. i'd think an arcam fmj preamap would match well with your setup.
The Freya (I own the original version) is an amazingly musical balanced preamp with features that no other preamp I know of utilizes, and it's inexpensive relative to everything else out there. If you don't like tubes you can now shut 'em off completely, or just buy the cheaper tubeless version. They give you a couple of weeks to decide if you like it.
Counterpoint SA-3000 and then when you are ready there are many upgrades available that will improve the sound to compete with preamps costing up to $10K

Happy Listening.