Looking for the next level in imaging...

I enjoy my system every time I sit down and listen. But as we all do, we get the itch to seek improvement!  I am intrigued by Omnidirectional speakers such as MBL’s, German Physiks etc. and breaking free from the head in a vice sweet spot to get better imaging throughout the room and better the imaging in the sweet spot!  I believe changing the speaker will deliver on this quest!  What speakers would you look at? Or would changing a component yield the result? Has anyone gone from the traditional dispersion speaker to an omnidirectional?

current speakers are Martin Logan Ethos

budget $20-30K...could stretch if something is exceptional

polkalover

I get this without the Baach-spacial. Ever listen to Amused to Death?  The guy is talking at the far end of the room over my left shoulder.

In this sequence HAL is behind/overhead.

I got the same spatial information from my modified speakers (low cost) ? so ?

😁😊

I get this without the Baach-spacial. Ever listen to Amused to Death? The guy is talking at the far end of the room over my left shoulder.

Yes, I get it at low cost also.

The "Mermans" cost me about $1,500 to build with used JBL speakers and Great Heils, and new crossover components. The Yamaha RX-Z9 cost me $4,050 new in 1993 and now has >30,000 hours on it. The Oppo95 was $300 used.  So, under $6K complete.

A gent from AK was over and said that he had just auditioned a six figure system that did not image as well.

I'm with bigtwin on this.  One can search for the system that will give you a sound stage that one desires.  However,  the recording is the golden key that unlocks soundstage.  And, not all recordings are equal, as we have discovered.  There is lots of garbage out there.

toddalin The "Mermans" cost me about $1,500 to build with used JBL speakers and Great Heils, and new crossover components.

If one (who likes can pop, jazz, rock, etc.) buys your Mermans speakers at under $2k is a great bargain. Your system sounds better than many mega buck speakers and systems. And your have much more potential to for higher quality sounds. Alex/WTA