Looking to downsize and for suggestions for amp(s)

I currently have a pair of Pass 260.8's and I am considering to start downsizing my main system. While I really like the amps, considering something a little more flexiable. I currently have them on platforms in front of my rack so they take a lot of real estate. Hoping for suggestions that might actually fit back in rack.

I curretnly use an ARC 5se with and I am not curretnly thinking about changing that or other sources or speakers, just the amps.

Mostly looking at SS amp(s) as I have felt that they usually mate pretty well with tube pre's.

Have a ML 23.5 in second system that I still really like, but that also requires a platform so that might be an upgrade to something a little smaller down the road.

Speakers are 87dB  Shahinian Hawks, also not currently looking to change.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

128x128stevea11757

You have really nice amps that provide the power you need for your 87dB speakers, and that you like the sound of. Is it really necessary to change? They are not Class A so there shouldn’t be too much heat and it seems they would do fine in an open air type rack. Unless you are moving to Class D, I doubt you are going to make a meaningful sonic improvement or even a lateral move with a smaller sized amplifier. I don’t see your system so it is harder to comment but you could try a different rack, downsize the number of boxes in your front end (i.e., if digital, look at Grimm MU2 or similar) and keep the amps. Unless you plan to quit listening, why give up something you really like.

Don't laugh but I heard two Fosi mono amps powering Spatial speakers and it was pretty amazing. I know the OP wants to spend more than that but holy moly, it really competed with the Orchard amp right next to it. (We A/B'd the two.) 

+1 for@laginz. I acquired a used SST Son II as an interim move towards perhaps mono blocks, but I am so pleased with it that I am staying with it. It is sonically really good, quite compact and biased to approximately 10 watts Class A. They drive my ATC’s really well. Simple box, but a great-sounding amp.

As an aside, I had a long conversation with James Bongiorno about the amp design shortly before he died. He was in a partnership with Wyred for Sound to finish the amp. I built the original Ampzilla in 1975.

I have taken the cover off and replaced shorted rail fuses (my bad) and the internals are quite tidy.

@stevea11757

Big Pass Labs fanboy here…

I simplified my system couple of weeks ago. 
Bought a Coda CSiB integrated while I still had my Pass Labs separates - XP22 and X260.8. After several rounds of very thorough evaluation, the Pass separates were sold.

What I did was just downsize/simplify without losing any aspect of what my system is capable of. I know it sounds like a fairy tale, but it isn’t. I’m extremely happy with the results! I would recommend as one of the options in your quest to system simplification is look into the best Coda amp you can buy and confirm with Doug Dale if your preamp will gel with it based on pre output impedance and gain.

Good luck!