Low cost Amp?

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a used amp for around the $500 range. In the past (pre-divorce) I had a Parasound 2200II and a PS Audio HCA-2. I listen to a wide variety of music but mainly smooth jazz. Like everyone else I am looking for the best sound for the best price.

Thanks,
Rod
rsjb41
You didn't mention what speakers you would be driving but the Sophia Baby is extremely sweet sounding if you can get by with its low watttage. Sell new for ~$800 but can be found used or demos for around $450 on Audigon.
Musical Fidelity A3CR is exceptional, versitile and an overachiever by far for the used cost. Might cost just a tad more, but you might pick one up for under $700.
I have two Amber 70s and their great little amps for well below 200.00 each. I have had great results with the B&K 200 mono amps for around 500.00. There built well and should have no problem driving almost any speaker load.
The Jolida 102B, occasionally found on Audigon for ~ $400-$500, with the very engaging El 84 (6BQ5) tubes (as used in many of the old HH Scott amps) in push pull is a great little amp and a bargain to boot.