Lyngdorf 3400 using external amp

For an experiment I went balanced out of the Lyngdorf to my Krell KSA 200s to power my speakers. I also have 2 subs hooked up via rca outputs. When getting into the Lyngdorf menus to set everything up it appears I cannot do a high pass crossover to the speakers and low pass to the subs. Seems the crossover is applied to all analog outputs the same. I could run the mains full range and then set the crossovers individually on the subs but would prefer not doing so. Am I at the end of the road or am I missing something? 

thanks all. 

mofojo

@mofojo,

I know this thread is old, but just in case you never did contact Lyngdorf directly, I can tell you that in 2023 I did so for the exact same reason you started this thread.

You missed nothing and were/are at the end of the road.  Haha.

I’m wondering if you disconnected your subs to compare the 3400 alone v 3400 + outboard amp on your main speakers.  The outboard amp would have to be so much better that it overcomes the disadvantage of losing the short signal paths and the fully-digital nature of the 3400.

I tried it repeatedly over a years time and ultimately concluded the 3400 alone was much better.   Of course with the sub integration via the app factored in, forget it.

Honestly, I’d just contact Lyngdorf on this one and cut out the middleman (aka, us).  They’ll probably answer your question completely and definitively in a few sentences.