Magico Mini 2 vs Kharma Midi Exquisit vs MBL 101s

If price were not a consideration and you could have any upstream electronics you choose, in 16 by 22 room, which of the following speakers would you choose and why? Magico Mini 2 , Kharma Midi Exquisite, MBL 101 E, or the Sonus Faber Amati Annaversary.
husk01

I was reading this thread along with others regarding Magico speakers and as usual everyone has there fav's. I currently own MBL 101E's and recently recieved a pair of Magico 2's and have to say what's all the fuss?

I had three others over to hear them, they are supose to be all this and that. These same idividules have heard my MBL set-up along with other set-ups in the past, we are all just left scatching our heads wondering what every one else is hearing because they don't even come close to what the MBL 101E's. I can go into great detail but why? possibly the other Magico speakers within the line would be better for comparision.

I have to ask as there have been alot of opions here, have any of you who are responding with your opinion actually owned MBL 101E's or had them in your own system and then got a pair of these other speakers and compared directly as I have just done because this just isn't making any sence to me as the difference is just to far apart how does one compare. I guess if you put the Magico's in a small room or with sub's but if I had such a room my choise of speakers would not be MBL 101E's.

I like the look of Kharma speakers but that's about it, anytime I listen to them I find them very fatiguing and when I go and listen to live music performances it's not that way to me so somethings wrong.
I heard the Magico V3 at Sound by Singer. Was distinctly unimpressed. I believe it was set-up with VTL and Esoteric. It was in a small room, listening near-field, with much toe-in. Perhaps that is the reason for the poor showing, but why would a dealer try to sell something not properly set-up.

The one thing revolutionary about Magico is the price. They are breaking new ground in that department. I just don't see the value. The list price of the Mini 2 is staggering.

Kharma is also not a good value. Perhaps it can partly be blamed on the Euro.
If you are looking for a smaller speaker that can play loud without strain and is detailed and musical you might want to check out the new Von Schweikert Unifield 3.

Blessings, Bob
Well I hate to be contrary,but to my ears the MBL speakers are a perfect example of excessive "disco sound"....Many folks like this!Not a hint of realism,and for those who like to be seated on top of the band,when at a catered affair,like weddings etc.

I have heard the 101's many times,and always leave with a slight head ache.Whew!!

There "is" a very nice open sound,but not a hint of bass coherence.AND the bass is always overblown!

The Magico Mini MUST be set up in a medium sized room,to "get it" with these little gems!Otherwise yes,a sub will aid in a large room....

To me,they are more involving than the "overwhelmingly unrealistic" 101's.....

Far more coherent,and involving......Long term listenable,which the 101's are not...

Unless one is the type to like a BIG "auto-sound system" when driving around town,and annoying all who stops closely to your car...then yes,the 101's are for you!

Sorry,just my personal observation,from hearing both speakers....ALOT!

Best
Nothing personal but the comments made regarding MBL 101E speakers is laughable and so far off it's ridiculous but that's okay as we all have our own opinions.

Regarding the Magico Mini 2's, I have to say by far they are the biggest disappointment to date I have had in this audio hobby. I actually own a pair do you own MBL 101E's or ever had them in your own system? I'm sure you haven't, I have nothing to gain but to only share with others of my findings. Every person so far who has heard them in my place has had the same opinion which is left us all scratching our heads wondering what is all the hype about and what are you guys hearing. I'm not saying they are not good two ways but come on they no way compete with MBL 101E's, I could go in to detail but why? In addition the list price for these only being a two way is ridiculous! and no way worth it.

Direct comparisons were done only swapping out the speakers using the following gear; ARC REF3 pre., CAT JL3 Sig. MK2 mono blocks, Accustic Arts Hybrid dac, Oracle 2000 transport, cables SP's Stealth Dream, IC's Stealth Indra's, PC's Stealth Dream. DC's Stealth Sextet