Magico speakers too clinical and fatiguing?

A while back I was very enthusiastic about these speakers. They look nice and supposedly supposed to sound very nice. I’ve heard them a few times and the level of precision and accuracy is very good. But is there too much science going on to create the speakers that makes them at times a little uncomfortable to listen to for more than a few minutes.

Are modern age speakers going nuts with all the science?

emergingsoul

" But is there too much science going on to create the speakers that makes them at times a little uncomfortable to listen to for more than a few minutes."

I literally do not understand what this means.  Because there is too much science behind them they are unlistenable?  There are plenty of speakers with plenty of science behind them, and I have never found that aspect makes them "unlistenable." 

Do you mean are they on the clinical side of things?  That has been my experience, as several others have posted - and its not because of the BS excuse I am seeing that "they just reveal what is upstream."  

Having heard so much in the trades about Magicos, I was interested to hear them at AXPONA. Shows are not ideal, I know, but I was underwhelmed. I heard plenty of other speakers that were much more to my liking, I guess it comes down to preference. 

Unless you hear Magico speakers in a dedicated listening room where every detail has been addressed you’re probably not going to hear their potential.

A good buddy who has S7’s and VAC 450iQ mono’s/matching preamplifier told me that the relationship of amplification and speakers is reversed from long standing traditional thinking regarding Magico speakers. General consensus has been to spend twice on speakers as amplification. With Magico it’s the opposite. Spend twice on amplification as what the speakers cost and you’ll be on your way to getting it right.

Right......Not too long ago, i had a Schweikert that could sound magico/magical without all these stringent requirements somehow, same went for an older TAD reference i had before that...or my current TAD, Borresen, whatever.

But, when it comes to Magico... omg, how could it ever be Alon’s fault?!...it’s not his aluminum box that looks like a couple of aircraft stringers, spars, whatever came together....Alon must know everything, an unmatched savant of our times.

With the great Magico, it is always the customer/ listener’s fault, his room, his not so adequate amplification, dacs, etc.. and the fact that he didn’t listen on a blue moon day 2 minutes before midnight....Oh no, what a faulty guy Alon’s unhappy customer must be. Alon’s box however is just perfect deserving of a standing ovation any day, all day.