Magico speakers too clinical and fatiguing?

A while back I was very enthusiastic about these speakers. They look nice and supposedly supposed to sound very nice. I’ve heard them a few times and the level of precision and accuracy is very good. But is there too much science going on to create the speakers that makes them at times a little uncomfortable to listen to for more than a few minutes.

Are modern age speakers going nuts with all the science?

emergingsoul

@emergingsoul 

that is not what I meant. The A5 is insanely cheap for the performance it provides. But it needs very very expensive upstream gear to get there. The A5 sounded way better than a 125k speaker I auditioned earlier in the day from another dealer. I was always trained that you spend the of your budget on speakers. With Magico, that is reversed. You spend the bulk of your budget on electronics. Too bad they are too industrial looking to put in a living room environment. 

@tdudnyk I can hear what you described on my system that cost a 10th of that. It's a myth that you have to spend 50K or 25K on just one component to get all that. But to each their own

@grislybutter IMO you're overly obsessed with the cost of components. A HEA system consists of many components including the room. Focus on complete system synergy not just the cost of an individual component. The Magico A5 is potentially one of the best box speakers under $30k if implemented correctly.

Potentially, anything labeled accurate is not musical. What good is accuracy if there is no musical enjoyment in the listing room. Then you have to throw thousands more dollars to fix the problem. My test for musicality is if I find myself toe-taping.