Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr
With that room I would get Ohms and forget it. Measure the cubic feet and get the right speaker. If the bass is a little weak or to much  for your tastes there is a switch behind the binding cups you can adjust.
If you get to the Audio Connection in NJ they carry both Maggie's and Vandy's I'm sure Johnny will give you an awesome demo.
Will the new speakers have to be in the same corner location?

Corner placement like that provides a big bass boost so keep that in mind.

Also early reflections work against soundstage and imaging when speakers are very close to walls.

So you have a double whammy with the current speaker placement

Often when placement options are constrained, less can be be more.

In that room, with very close to corner placement, in the Ohm Line, I would keep it small, along the lines of Microwalsh. If needed add a sub later. That gives you some flexibility in adjusting the bass levels.

Neither Ohms, Vandys, Maggies or Spatial are designed to go directly in corners. Other more conventional and more forward firing directional designs would frankly work better. Best thing would be to have the discussion about your room with John Strohbeen if you have not had that already.

If you can go out just a another foot or two or three into the room then that opens up more options.

The Ohms can work well with only a foot or so to walls, so some space from corners/walls is needed but not a lot.

I have never seen Vandersteens set up near corners, usually more towards the center of rooms/walls, so you might want to check that.

Maggies will be very compromised that close to rear wall though side walls matter less.

Spatial not sure about those either in corners....

Another good option might be just smaller monitor speakers on short isolating stands like Isoacoustics, similar to the Vanatoo setup in my wife’s sunroom (less is more in that room as well due to lively acoustics and limitations in placement). That would be very inobstrusive and provide more flexibility in placement perhaps. Also add a sub in this case afterwards perhaps but only if needed.

I can definitely move the speakers into the room.  I have the current speakers in the corner because I was trying to increase the bass (was that wrong?).  

So, it sounds like the group is leaning more towards Ohms vs. Vandersteens? :-)