Maplenoll platter stability question

Hello,
I have a question concerning the platter and moving from side-to-side as it turns. I just replaced the drive belt and have a new compressed air source and with the 63lb. platter there seems to be quite a bit of movement of the platter. Instead of the center spindle making a circle as it turns it is more of an oval shape. I've reduced the air flow to the platter to the smallest amount (which reduced the amount of movement)but it is still there. Is it possible that as the new belt stretches a bit there will be less pulling from the side with the motor?
Also, do owners work to level the turntable base or level the platter?
Thanks in advance!
tapepath
Thanks, again, for your helpful comments, Oilman. I also have the Ariande Signature so the base seems to be a "sandwich" of lead and synthetic countertop material. The long threaded screws seem to only thread so far into the lower platter plate, but I'll heed your recommendations. I cleaned up the thin washers that go underneath the rubber grommets they were stained pretty heavily. Then I'll touch up the black paint above and below the platter support surfaces.
I agree the platter air bearing surfaces should be cleaned only, the material seems already nice and smooth and most importantly flat. I've read about adding another bearing opening to produce a more even lift, but I don't feel I want to tackle that.
I've pretty much done all of the other cosmetic things I wanted to do. Now all that's left is the tonearm rewire, measure the total tonearm moving mass and put it back together and run a few tests.
Cheers!
Some designs do have multiple air ports on the bearing plate but since this design has the air port in middle (not quite center though) adding a second port does not impact the balance as the air pressure is developed in this section and lifts the platter evenly. If the air port was actually on the bearing surface, then you would need several. On the air spindle, it is actually set up with multiple orifices that introduce the air to the spindle. This is to exert an equal pressure on all side of the spindle to get it to float. That is why its critical to keep the pressure high to the arm relative to the platter
Ah, the Maplenoll magic is back! Everything is setup and working beautifully. I have a few more minor things to do, but what great sound this table can produce! Thanks for your generous help, Oilman.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad the pin suggestion helped. As you said, a magical table