Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

Matthew I thought I will retired at 62 . I started buying good power cords ic and speaker cables, that Iam really familiar with.Music Direct usually they have warehouse sale during summer. I get a very good discount. Most of my gear are slightly used.This are my favorite cables for power cords Audioquest, for ic and speakers cable I like tellurium and Nordost. I like high fidelity stuff as well.

Matthew the SA10 loves good pc and interconnect.I used reveal pc high fidelity for ic I am rotating my valkyrja Nordost, Dynamic cable ic, Audioquest diamond , my favorite is tellurium silver diamond ic.

Please DO NOT send any Marantz to George Meyer AV, as I mistakenly did for my SC7S2 Preamplifier.

Morris owner will keep you waiting for month and months and bullshit you on the phone with a horrible attitude. From a technical standpoint, they don't have the knowledge to repair complex Marantz units, i.e. they do not have the necessary Kit to upgrade the software on the SC7S2. However they will lie to you and tell that first thing they do is a software upgrade. I requested my unrepaired unit to ship back from them, once received my unit was totally dead. I had to open it to reconnect all the wires they left unconnected on purpose.

My bad for trusting George Meyer without doing a proper preview research. 

A couple of extra things here......

For years I used a Marigo mat with discs in my SA-8260. So, of course I tried it with the first disc in the Ruby when I got it. Didn't work. The Marigo mat is quite thin, but still it was too thick. So that was that for the mat. They cannot be used in the new Marantz transports.

Then there is shipping and packing......

Always keep the original packing material!!!! You can then safely ship a player when needed. But you have to use the original packing material, all of it. Remember, most every player gets shipped, usually across an ocean in a boat then on roads in a truck. The original packing is made for this.

I used to buy used 8260 players, for parts. Ones that came with original packing always came in good condition. Ones that didn't come with original packing always came with a broken pcb, ruining half of why I was buying the player. 

Sharri why I did not fight to send my SA 10 to New York . Though I have the original box.The cost of shipping, the unit travels is just too much. The hassel talking on the phone is just too much. I only drove 30 min to stereo rehab..Why I truly appreciate TVAD. Most of the repair in the Chicago area I know except stereo rehab.