Marantz SA7S1

I just read the review in absolute sound and must say it is totally uninformative as to how the player sounds. I did see the full page ad Marantz took out a few pages earlier, so I am guessing the vague "this is a great player" review is why we saw that. With that said, does anyone have real world experience and comparisons of this player or is it just a 50 pound expensive enigma?
tpk123
FYI, there is another review in Positive Feedback online in the current "issue". It was a positive review, though the reviewer showed a preference for modded players. You would think with a statement product the companies would do it right the first time, but I know there are others who will readily disagree. So be it!
My friend and I both own one. It beat out the SONY SCD-1, Accuphase 77, Mac201, Esoteric XO-3, Cary 306, Krell SACD, Ayre, and Levinson seperates that we compared it to. It has great tonal balance, a wide and deep soundstage; an extended yet sweet top end and the best vocal reproduction that I have heard. Make sure you hear one that is well broken in as it changes quite a bit in the first few weeks.