Mcintosh MAC7200 or Hegel H390 for a new pair of Kef R7 META

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new pair of Kef R7 Metas. Which amp would be a better match? I love the look of the 7200, but does it have enough power for these speakers? 

mrbanker32

@mrbanker32 Sorry I was unclear, the 7200 does not have the 5 band tone controls that the 8950 has. Some like the controls others don’t. I have an 8900 with tone controls and I use them. The receiver is not a bad thing, just depends on whether you want to listen to terrestrial radio. I don’t listen to radio anymore so it would just be something I would never use. I would rather spend the extra grand for a better DAC module and the tone controls. Whether that’s what you want only you can answer. Either way both have 200wpc and will drive the Kefs well. I will add that the 8950 is the newest version of their 200wpc integrated and while I’ve not listened to it I have read that some find it more engaging than the 8900 it replaced.

@jastralfu ok thank you! I've heard the Hegel is very analytical sounding compared to the Mcintosh. I think the Mcintosh would be a big step up paired with those speakers. 

I’ve never heard any Hegel so I can’t speak to them but I do really enjoy my ma8900.  If you can, get out and listen to both so you know what you’re getting into.  You’re spending a good chunk of money make sure you get what sounds good to you.