Micro RX 5000 Renaissance?

It may be just a coincidence, but looking through the various reports of the recent Munich high end event I've noticed no fewer than four (!) different turntables that all look suspiciously like the Micro RX-5000.

TW Acoustic and Kuzma launched new models visually 'inspired' by the RX-5000 design, Acoustical Systems showed a table that looks like an exact copy and DB Systems (www.micro.nl) also showed an exact copy, leaving no doubt of its objective by simply calling it 'The Tribute'. And then of course there already was the TechDas AirForce 5.

Does anyone know more about these newbies and what's under their bonnets? It would be interesting to compare their performance vis à vis the original and hear how much technology has moved forward. Or not.

While I'm a happy owner of the RX-1500G, the RX-5000 has been on my radar for quite some time. So with this Micro Renaissance going on, should I wait for a mint original to cross my path or should I go for one of these new tables? It seems Micro enthousiasts are now spoiled for choice........

edgewear
Errr...  Are the "Chinese" the only ethnic group that ever made a copy of anything?   Sixty years or more ago, the Japanese were derided for doing the same.  Since then, we've come to appreciate their homegrown skills and the quality of their products. I think it's fair to criticize those who outright steal intellectual property for their own profit, and in some areas of technology, the Chinese are guilty of this, particularly with respect to foreign businesses that choose to operate or sell in China.  That's a risk they take.  But, come now, M-S turntables have been out of production for decades.  Copying something that long gone is hardly similar to stealing brand new ideas that have just come to market.  By the same token, maybe we should get mad at all the US companies that make reproduction AC Cobras, as well.  Not.  Anyway, with the new tariffs, these M-S copies might be priced out of the US market.  I suppose you'll like that. 
I'm a little confused by the fuss over the Chinese business practices, since the M-S copies seem to come from Germany or Austria.  Anyway, the new copy of the RX5000 seems to retain one feature of the original that has been criticized: apparently the tonearm has to be mounted on a platform that attaches to the main plinth via one of those nubbins at the corners.  Some say this is not the most stable way to mount the tonearm.
Tariffs are not good enough. Every single clone or fake part should be banned, confiscated, and destroyed by customs. I don’t care how old the original is. I already have enough problems in dealing with these idiots and fake semiconductors, which have trickled into stockpiles of even reputable U.S. distributors. They have no moral compass and even clone $0.03 transistors.

If anyone wants an RX 5000, just go on eBay and buy the RX 5000.

The so called ''intellectual property'' seems to be accepted at

present but the ''liberals'' were against because of privatisation

of ''science''  which is considered to be ''common good''.

The ''investment argument''  won so those rights are limited

qua duration and under condition of fees payment for the

duration time . Aka the time to earn the investment back. There

is no ''universal legislation''  so nearly each country has its own

regulation, This means that claiming a patent in China imply

Chinese patent law.

As by cartridges one can say ''the construction is simple but

the execution is not''. I assume that balancing the platter is difficult

as well the (needed) precision of bearings and axle. The added

''problem'' is the choice of bearings: inverted or not?

I could ask Dertonarm but am reluctant to bother him at present.