Micro Seiki MA 505 vs Triplanar MK VII UII

I have both of these arms and was considering selling the Micro Seiki, I have read some good things about it. It just doesn't get that much play these days. I don't need to sell it but as I said it doesn't get much play and maybe someone else could enjoy it. I can't see putting a expensive cartridge on it to compare it to my triplanar/Sotto Voce cartridge setup just for the sake of knowing so any insight would be appreciated!!!

jsman

This is a very sensitive subject matter. Despite of this my advice is

to compare both arms with ''tracking ability'' test record(s). My Triplanar

can't track anything above 50 Mirons. Syntax mentioned  the problem

with ''energy  transfer'' by Triplanar. It may be the case

that my sample is defective but I was not able to find anything

wrong. Anyway carts which track 70 microns with my FR-64 s can't

track more than 50 microns with the Triplanar. I am sure that your

Micro is better in this regard.

nandric

... carts which track 70 microns with my FR-64 s can't track more than 50 microns with the Triplanar ...
These two arms each have a very different effective mass, with the Fidelity Research being much higher than the Triplanar. So I wouldn't expect a cartridge that tracks well in one to track equally well in the other.

Hi cleeds, Your quotation is selective. I also stated ''My Triplanar

can't track anything above 50 Microns''. You should try whatever

cart you like and if any of them get more then 50 microns I will

accept your denial.

nandric

... I also stated ''My Triplanar can't track anything above 50 Microns ...

If you're stating that the Triplanar's tracking is easily bested by the FR regardless of cartridge, then I have to wonder about the state of your Triplanar. Did you buy it used?

I assume your don't listen to "test records" and since you own both arms, why not just keep the arm that sound best to "you".  You don't need published reviews to validate your decision.  Trust your ears.