Mix and match subs?

I have a Paradigm x10 sub and am planning on adding a second sub. 
Would integration be difficult if I a) got a 10 inch sub from another brand (thinking SF Gravis III to pair with my SF speakers); or b) the x12 from Paradigm (for getting even deeper).

Or c) should I just keep all the same and get another x10?
w123ale
Unless you’re hell bent on its looks I think you’re nuts for considering the SF sub at $3k.  First, SF is not a premier subwoofer company (as opposed to Paradigm that makes some of the best subs extant IMHO), and the Gravis lll only goes down to 25Hz (-6dB), which probably is no better than your Paradigm.  And BTW, it pisses me off SF doesn’t publish a -3dB spec, which inhibits direct comparison with others that do and only makes me think they’re not proud of the number.  Second,, it’s a sealed sub that’s a different design from your x10 that’s ported, and I can’t imagine that makes it easier to integrate the two. 

Gotta tell ya, to me another x10 makes a lot more sense on every level except looks.  Then again, given you may be looking for some added depth I think an even better (and cheaper) option might be an SVS PB1000 Pro.  Like your x10 it’s a ported design, but the 1000 would get you down to 19Hz (-3dB) and costs only $599.  Plus, and this is a biggie, SVS offers a generous and true risk-free trial period that includes shipping both ways, and they have excellent customer service and would probably be a big help in integrating your subs.  Either way, just adding a second sub is an excellent idea, and that alone is going to yield huge benefits to the quality of bass you’re getting.  Ok, that’s all I got.  Hope it helps, and best of luck. 
The advice I've gotten from various informed folks has been: second sub should match first one; more than 2, mix and match.
I agree with soix. Scratch the SF sub idea. But yes, add another sub by all means. I'm running three SVS (2 SB-2000 and a SB-3000 in the audio room in asymmetric locations with great results and would like a fourth. Paradigm makes good stuff; not sure how their subs stack up bang for the dollar with the surge of great inexpensive mfrs now, SVS, Rhythmyk, HSU, etc...   Idle curiosity, which SF model? I do like the sound generally.