Most forgiving speakers?

I have a bad room and I love classic rock that was transferred to cd badly. Which speakers do you recommend besides Vandersteen. Room is nine wide twentyfour long and 8.6 high.
dred
get an affordable tube amp - maybe a refurbished vintage scott or fisher - nothing sounds really awful through tubes!
Often a speaker that is especially "forgiving" has a somewhat recessed upper midrange/lower treble region. This is the region where the ear is most sensitive (as indicated by the Fletcher-Munsen curve), so any coloration in this region is especially annoying.

The BBC-spec LS3/5a design was I believe among the first to intentionally incorporate a dip in the 3 kHz ballpark region for psychoacoustic purposes - now commonly known as the "BBC dip". It can result in what some would consider an overly sweet and laid-back sound, but it certainly is forgiving. Silverline (among others) offers several models with a significant "BBC dip" in the response, and they are indeed very forgiving and relaxing.

Maggies 3.6 and below are voiced with a broad, shallow dip in the midrange which serves to psychoacoustially balance out the lack of deep bass, and as a side benefit Maggies are exceptionally forgiving.

Also, in general a speaker with a wide radiation pattern tends to be more forgiving than a narrow-pattern speaker. Examples include models from Shahinian, Dueval, Beveridge, Sound Lab, MBL, old Epicures, and Bose (yup - that and a severe BBC-ish dip are Amar's secret weapons).
I have the most forgiving speakers in my system:
They've been dropped onto the TV chassis by my little son and they "forgave" him for that abuse and still sound beautifull...:-)