Most rooms don’t need acoustical treatment.

Why?  Because acoustical treatments presented are in virtually empty rooms. Unrealistic.

my rooms have furniture and clutter.  These rooms don’t really have a need for treatment.  It’s snake oil, voodoo science.  
So why is accoustical panels gonna help?  No one can answer this, most have no clue.
jumia
Power cords in a stable supply of power seem like snake oil.  Other things are better pursued.
@millercarbon - @jumia has not heard many power cords in even a middling quality audio system.  Sheesh.  Why are there so many posters who don't believe that cabling sounds significantly different?   Don't they have something better to do in their lives?
Jumia- All the variations in recording qualities that endlessly frustrate?  You mean all the good bad and the ugly of trying to record and recreate a real live music event?

Lone Mountain Audio
Though an interesting premise that acoustic treatments are poppycock, I find the OP to be that instead, and rolling this into the snake oil channel is just ignorant.

My experience was the exact opposite and by adding a few treatments to my room and a throw rug my audio enjoyment was increased by 10 fold. 
Now I do thing is all works together and is part of the formula in the search for acoustic perfection, a goal we will never achieve. Treatments, furniture, cables and yes even fuses all play a part, but many not in every system or listening room.

Just go into this hobby or obsession with an open mind. A closed mind limits your friends, audience, and enjoyment and makes you a lonely and angry.