Need amp suggestions for Hedlund Horns....

A few months ago, I heard a Cary 300b amp hooked up to some small monitors and was blown away... so the itch to upgrade started.

I just bought used a pair of Hedlund horns... came with it (free) was a diy homemade tube amp that does not sound adequate (based on what I heard these horns can do).

I’m in the market for a used amp that would be the ideal match for these Hedlunds. From what I read, I have several options such as 300b, 2A3, etc. but what would you recommend?  I've never had a low-power SET amp before.  

My room is 25’x 30’ with vaulted ceilings (large enough), wood floors, fairly open. I listen to everything from classic jazz, horns, classical, vocals, and the occasional rock. I would love to have some volume to feel the energy and texture of the song.

128x128ramoneo14
Ramoneo14,

I am a little late to the party here and  I am not familiar with your speakers but I will echo some of the previous praise for the Triode Labs/Finale amplifiers.
I am lucky enough to be local to Triode Labs/Finale.
Frank the head honcho there, was kind enough to lend me several of his amplifiers to try with my speakers (DIY Cornscalas, sensitivity about 102db).
I tried:
http://www.finaleaudio.com/f108/
http://www.triodelab.com/el-84/
Both of these EL84 amps sounded very nice, I would not have been disappointed with either.
I also tried them with my single driver Frugalhorns with great success.

I ultimately went with Frank's 2A3iS and could not be happier!
That is not to take away from either of the EL84 amps, for the money I cannot see much that could beat them.
As with all of Frank's amps, they are DEAD quiet, have very high build quality, and can be tailored the the customer's speakers and needs.

I would second the recommendation for the Frankensteins. They are among the best sounding amps I've ever owned, and I had quite a few. Beware of customer service though. I had a horror story. One day as I turned one channel on I heard a loud noise. I immediately turned it off, called Israel Blume, explained the "symptoms" and got the diagnosis: you burned the power transformer. I can send you a new one for $550 in three weeks. It took three months, but that was not the issue. After three months I turned the amplifier on again and miraculously it sounded well, no hum, no issues, no noise. The cause of the problem must have been something else--a bad cable perhaps? In any events, I asked Mr Blume if I could return the transformer--after all, he was the one who diagnosed it without hesitation. And after all, if he still manufactures Frankensteins, this part has some value for him. The answer: I am sorry but no. Pretty sad story for a company with this reputation and with such a high quality product.