Need Opinions for Different Cable Manufacturers/Cable Designs

I have a McIntosh 200wpc receiver [MAC7200] and Focal Sopra 3 speakers - and am using low-grade cables. I'm looking to vastly improve my system with a complete cable upgrade. I like a warm sound with lots of clarity and detail and naturalness. I have been reviewing tons of literature and am intrigued by Cu/Ag and Cu/Ag/Au combinations. I will probably buy used, and look at offerings in the midrange to lower high-end range of products. Cannot afford the best each manufacturer has to offer. Looking to spend up to $2,000 for 3m speaker cables and up to $700 each for RCA and XLR cables. Again, I hope to buy used.

I am interested in opinions on the following manufacturers:

AUDIENCE

DH LABS

PURIST AUDIO DESIGN

SILNOTE

SNAKE RIVER

Please feel free to offer your opinions on these and any other recommendations you may have. I really appreciate your time and advice!! Thanks!

kinarow1

Kinarow1,

I'm not going to try and sell you on another cable line but I would take a serious look at Triode Wire Labs...

I've been using them for almost 5 years and love what they do, they should check all the boxes on your list.

I have used many cables in the past including Purist Audio Design and Snake River Audio both "Very Good" but you can buy the TWL cables for less than your estimated budget, and be very happy from my personal experience.

Check out some of the reviews on TWL and go from there.

Good Luck in finding your Musical Happiness.

Tom

I’m not saying don’t get nicer cables. But, unless your current cables are really bad, too thin, aren’t making a good connection or damaged, don’t expect significant improvements let alone “vast”. Any differences a cable can make, again, assuming there’s nothing really wrong with your existing ones, are very subtle. IMO anyone who says the differences between 2 decent quality, properly made cables is night and day, is exaggerating a bit. Just my opinion though. Having tried quite a few myself, from $150 to $3500.

I have come to see nice (expensive) cables as 98% cool audio jewelry. Nothing wrong with that. Just don’t expect huge improvements.

High value maybe bargain speaker cables:

• Silversmith Fidelium
  • Kirmuss Adrenaline 

Other safe quality SC options:

• Iconoclast
  • Zenwave SCR-14/11

Learn about cable design here             
FYi- Silversmith will be offering interconnects soon, maybe available now             

@kinarow1 - take a look at Zavfino silver cables - they will improve your system greatly.

If you really want TOTL take a look at Hijari

Ask your question in this thread - they will be able to help

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/hijiri-users-thread-2

If you are more budget oriented take a look at Audio Envy - great cables made more affordable

Regards - Steve