Network Switches

david_ten
So the sonic benefits can only be recognized in areas that no one yet knows how to measure?  Then what's the basis behind the design of such a product?  I now have zero desire to even try this out.  There are many other areas of sound reproduction I'd rather direct my energy and resources towards.  Just one guy's opinion.  
Measurements play an important role as does good building techniques, layout, design, parts quality and synergistic pairing of parts.  However, listening and fine tuning based on actual sound is also very important.  It all matters. That’s why I have to laugh at that one note song site.  
The man who did the measuring also did a listening test, said he found it didn't  sound any different than his regular switch, said it might be worth $100 but not $680. 
He never hears a difference and is predisposed to find such an outcome. He is not, and does not care to be, a careful listener passionate about sonic nuance. Realism, natural tonality and the like elude his sensibilities and gifting.   He is a tech guy not connected to these other realities.  Just understand that when reading his comments. 
I have to admit from the odd times I have perused that audioscience site they do appear to be overly obsessed with measurements with the conclusion being if they could not measure a difference then there simply cannot be a difference.

Which I think the vast majority here know to be untrue.

I was interested to see other members reactions to that review in particular though and if it had a any influence on your purchase or not of the Upton Audio product?