New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927

Expensive Cables, Wires, and Power Cords to make a huge difference on your wallet and that can affect your listening experience. Because you spent so much money you're going to hear things you never heard before. Like your brain telling you you should have never spent that much money on snake oil.

Very true!

Paul McGowen frequently uses the phrase snake oil. And he's a major seller of such.

That's why I don't watch his channel anymore and it (selling snake oil power cables conditioners) affects sales negatively.

Why do you guys care? If you believe that most of this stuff is snake oil then dont buy it. There always seems to be an undercurrent of smugness when you guys discuss how others spend their money in ways you deem inappropriate. I dont understand the thought process or the motivation. Seems like a circle jerk to me, albeit one with no clear purpose.

"Why do you guys care?” .to share our own mistakes and best methods, is it wrong? 

Somehow I doubt that. If this were true you should mention your experiment, give some details and say you heard no difference. All this other stuff is tribal. You go way past giving your opinion, ridicule others that dont share your opinion so that you are on record so you can find other like minded individuals which gives you comfort.

I am happy to give you a list of all the cables that I have used in the past 5 years. I can give you a list of power conditioners but I dont use these as any gains were offset by diminishments. Please share your experiences. Instead of smug remarks add something to this thread of substance.

Or you can just admit you dont buy into any of this at the theorectical level and be done with it. If you havent tried a bunch of cables no problem but dont get upset if some on this forum think this puts you in no position to comment.

So again why do you care?

westcoast, I think I got you confused with another poster. So my somewhat aggressive stanch may have been directed at another person on this thread. Keep this in mind if you respond.