New filter/regenerator

I am interested in the Shunyata Hydra 6 versus the Equitech line. I use a Ars Filharmonia tube amp with 15 amp plug as well as digital front end. What do you kind folks recommend? Can I use a 20 amp based unit still?
jamesw20
James, do you know the essential difference(s) between regenerators, conditioners, and balanced power units. They are apples, oranges, and grapefruits.

Once upon a time conditioners (and isolation transformers) were all we had. Balanced power units were not UL approved for domestic use, and regenerators if approved, were very expensive, cumbersome and inefficient.

All that's changed. I now totally reject any conditioners as an inherently flawed solution, compared to the other three which are all UL approved and extremely effective.

My personal approach would be to install dedicated circuit(s) first, if your housing situation permits. Biggest bang for your audio buck (along with room treatments ;-)

Next would be a regenerator. The two current biggies are the Power Plant Premiere from PS Audio and the ExactPower (now a division of Middle Atlantic Products.) The ExactPower is the better of the two IMO (higher capacity, more efficient and cooler running) because of it's patented feed-forward technology. ExactPower also makes a matching balanced power unit.

The ideal configuration for the quietest system with the best dynamics, is a regenerator powering the big stuff (amps, subs, projectors) and also powering a balanced power unit which supplies all the low powered and sensitive front end stuff. You can get away with just the regenerator if funds are limited. Conditioners KILL amplifier dynamics - which is why I advise against them (they're OK for low powered stuff, but using balanced power is much better, ask any professional.)
Can't do dedicated circut at this home but plan to in the future. Thanks for the input, I will look into the exact power unit.
Nsgarch hit most of the key elements but left out the (in my opinion) best option.

PurePower APS regenerators with battery back up to not only compensate for lows or total power outages, but to enable the unit to pass MORE power than the line itself by tapping the battery.

I would highly recomend one of these, especially if you live in an area with poor power (like most of us!)