New filter/regenerator

I am interested in the Shunyata Hydra 6 versus the Equitech line. I use a Ars Filharmonia tube amp with 15 amp plug as well as digital front end. What do you kind folks recommend? Can I use a 20 amp based unit still?
jamesw20
A firewall already up for sale? For almost 2k less than the retail. A guy I know just bought the Tripp Lite hospital grade 1000 watt isolation transformer and said it was the best $300 he has ever spent. Does not hum and is not hot to the touch.
Thanks for sharing your experience, Nsgarch. However, I am a bit surprised that you put your sub and amp on the same EP15A.

I have found that a significant amount of noises are from equipment with switching power supplies. Subwoofer is a big offender, IMO. Won't it beat the purpose of power re-generation by putting sub and amp on the same EP15A?

Your comments are appreciated.
Vett93 (nice year ;-) Good question! With regard to switching power supplies (and Class D amps) I'm not an expert. I've certainly not encountered anything like what you mentioned.

I do know they are not all created equal (equally good or equally bad ;-) Some are analog controlled others digital. The care with which filtration is implemented is also a big factor in eliminating potential problems. So I don't think it would be fair to tar them all with the same brush ;-)

I know that Exactpower and the few other makers of regenerators for audio use, isolate all outlets from one another and in most cases even provide some of the outlets with 'digital filters' (usually nothing but a capacitor across the line ;-) Anyway, I don't think one needs to worry about modern high-quality class D amps putting junk back into the cleaned-up power. Early car audio subwoofers were another story altogether, but in that application, ELIMINATING noise was probably considered counterproductive (he said as he rolled up his window ;-)
You should add the Synergistic Research PowerCell 6 to that list. I've got one and it rocks. Take a look at the most recent issue of The Absolute Sound for their review.

The PowerCell has also been reviewed here on AG as well as 6 Moons and Dagogo. This is a must audition line conditioner.

http://sixmoons.com/audioreviews/synergistic/powercell.html
http://dagogo.com/SynergisticPowerCell.html