New Maplenoll Ariadne owner needing advice

I have recently purchased a maplenoll ariadne. I have tried to learn a little about the table but find very little information. I know the table was discontinued in the 90's but the little i have found indicated it is a very good table. I am interested to learn if there are any tricks or problems to optimizing this table. As most of you probably know, it is an air bearing platter and tonearm. I plan on putting my zxy airy 3 on the arm once I get it set up.
oilmanmojo
Oilmanmojo: I beleve the air barbs at the suggested site are brass not plastic. I'm hopeing to replace with plastic in light of the problems encountered with building the Air Control System.

I have a 45-50 Lb. platter that underwent considerable sanding to remove manufacturing defects. I think its less than the 50lb mark. I would suggest that you not move to a heaver platter until I have compteted the Ari . I believe that weight is only one of several issues under investigation. Keep in mind the adjustments that must be made should you move to a higher weight(taller in height) platter. I know you are a smart fellow , I only mean to keep you informed of possible mods should you change platter.

Have you viewed the 2 new pic's ? I believe they demostrate how far I have gone to remake the table.
I would highly recommend while you're at it to investigate rebuilding your existing platters (both of you) to heavier platters. Mine is 90# and was a significant improvement in speed stability and bass solidity. The two parameter that need to adjusted to suit this are the oil trough height and the arm height. The oil trough height is adjusted by procuring longer mounting bolts available from any good hardware store. The arm height is adjusted by either the VTA bracket or using longer manifold standoffs.

Oilman, removing the motor was definitely an improvement and not very difficult to accomplish if you're at all handy and have the tools. I can make a mount for you if you like. Perhaps I can work up a design that improves on mine and make three of them. I've considered sourcing a motor and housing from one of the many turntable manufacturers that sue stand-alone motors.
Q : Where do we source 90 LB. lead platters ? If my memory is correct , the last one I recall sold for $1,000 on AG several years ago. They are rare byrds ...
charlie, yep follow the progress every day. Starting to get the itch to tweak some more. I like how the roma has smoothed out all of the nooks and crannies. can't wait to see the finished product

Piedpiper: thanks for your information. I tend to agree that the heavier platter will help with speed control. I will not have any problem with the vta or oil trough since i have already modified those components and they both are easily adjusted. I would love it if you would work up the design for the motor mount. I am looking again at your system to see how to mimic it. Thanks again to both of you for your insight and passion to improve this table
I believe I could make a lead platter with a bit of work, especially if I had one to build up from. IOW, take an existing 50# platter and add a layer of lead by creating a casting form that extends its perimeter and then truing it up on a milling machine. It may even be preferable to simply build up the edge inch or so and leave the inner dimensions. This would only work on the later models that used a higher speed motor and perimeter belt rather than riding the belt on the bearing subplatter which this version would obscure from access.

Re: the motor mount, I'm thinking the easy way would be to use 3" diameter PVC pipe, glue a hard plastic cap into the top with holes for the spindle and mounting bolts, screw another into the bottom with a hole for the wire, and fIll it with lead shot.