New Maplenoll Ariadne owner needing advice

I have recently purchased a maplenoll ariadne. I have tried to learn a little about the table but find very little information. I know the table was discontinued in the 90's but the little i have found indicated it is a very good table. I am interested to learn if there are any tricks or problems to optimizing this table. As most of you probably know, it is an air bearing platter and tonearm. I plan on putting my zxy airy 3 on the arm once I get it set up.
oilmanmojo
I believe I could make a lead platter with a bit of work, especially if I had one to build up from. IOW, take an existing 50# platter and add a layer of lead by creating a casting form that extends its perimeter and then truing it up on a milling machine. It may even be preferable to simply build up the edge inch or so and leave the inner dimensions. This would only work on the later models that used a higher speed motor and perimeter belt rather than riding the belt on the bearing subplatter which this version would obscure from access.

Re: the motor mount, I'm thinking the easy way would be to use 3" diameter PVC pipe, glue a hard plastic cap into the top with holes for the spindle and mounting bolts, screw another into the bottom with a hole for the wire, and fIll it with lead shot.
Piedpiper: An alternate might be stacking of Rega-type platters with the lead unit(s) ?? Or, if Bob Dilger would come forward , he may have unused foundary casts in need of turning. From observation I believe my lead platter was a foundary cast , no small feat , a challenge to reproduce.
Charlie---Try this link for plastic air barbs. My laboratory guys say they will have it---http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/productsearch.asp?search=threaded+air+barbs
Has anyone ever considered adapting a rim drive unit (Teres or VPI) to be used with your Maplenoll?

Seems like it would be the best of all worlds...rim drive, air bearing and heavy platter, air bearing arm.

I had asked Chris Brady at Teres about using his system on other turntables and he said its certainly possible, even with very heavy platters such as the Maplenoll's.

-Jim