New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
I am the OP. Still interested in all thoughts, opinions and any mods concerning the 1200 G and the upcoming 10R. 

doug > atmosphere has modded his 1200 G with a 12" Tri-planar. I think this tonearm with XLR terminations would be a game changer.

Thanks
nkonor
audio fun,
Thanks for your post, the LPS you suggest intrigues me.  Honestly, I'm disappointed that any kind of modification is needed to overcome what i believe shouldn't be there ... brightness.  

Do you recommend running in manual until 700 hours is reached and will this help reduce the brightness I object too?  How do you know when you have reduced torque down to 20%?   I have no device or skill to measure this electronically so can it be done visually ie by the number of counterclockwise turns of the little torque adjustment pot (or whatever it's called :-)?

I would need someone to swap the SMPS with an LPS since I am technically challenged.  And finding an LPS is another challenge.  This change could be expensive.

Meanwhile I will try the manual, lower torque idea and see if it helps.  Thanks again for your comments, I appreciate it.
Doug
Wow, what a bucket of cold water to the face this thread is turning out to be. I was considering selling my Well Tempered Amadeus to "upgrade" to the 1200G, but if it needs all these tweaks and extras to avoid sounding bright, standing pat might be the better move.
The WT Amadeus is a great table. I have both a standard Amadeus and a GTA. 
The SMPS has to be thrown out, no doubt about that. A linear power supply mod from http://www.time-step.com/ is the way to go.

I am also on the fence to get a direct drive TT. I was considering the SP10 mk2 and Yamaha GT-2000. SP10 was favourable simple because of its availability and serviceability. But then came the 1200G claiming to be equal or better than sp10 mk2. However I do not see any solid claims as yet to suggest that it is indeed better than the sp10. In the absence of such solid A-B testing I am thinking to stick to my original plans of getting the SP10 mk2. I have heard it and like it a lot. It can be upgraded with the krebs modifications which supposedly takes it closer to the sp10 mk3. Why not then ?