No love for Legacy Audio

Hello all. I have been on a few discussions here and read many more. I have not seen many of the posters here talk much about Legacy Audio speakers. I am referring to the Signature SE model and the Focus SE model. I am curious why people don’t seem to like them as much as several other brands that get talked about much more here. What is it you like better about the ones you are consistently raving about. Thank you. 

backdoor

I got into high-end audio 8yrs ago.  Legacy speaker reviews and maybe hearing them at audio shows never resounded with me, unlike Magico and YG.  So it could simply be a preference difference or that Legacy doesn’t compete well with newer products.  

kennyc:

" or that Legacy doesn’t compete well with newer products.  ".... At least 4 of their models just got 2024 Product of the Year awards from TAS, so I think they are competing....

@steve59 I once had a pair of the VMPS tower II special editions and I loved them. One of the most stunningly competent speakers I have ever heard. The Focus SEs appear to me from just comparing the speaker complement and specs to be as close to them in performance as is possible out of what is available on todays market. Though since the SEs are a more updated design, they are probably noticeably better than the VMPS

At the same time I had those my dad had a pair of the legacy signatures (first generation) and the VMPS blew those away in every department. But that isnt a really fair comparison but it does say a lot for the VMPS competency