Oh how I wish Class D amps ...

I sure wish manufacturers and designers would move forward as quickly as is possible on improving the current status of Class D amps ... I have heard them all, some in my own system, and they have SO mcu promise !!! Unfortunately they just do not have it down yet. They still sound dry, unmusical, and strange in the treble ... kind of chalky and rolled off, and definitely lacking air.
I long for the day I can get rid of my hundred pound Class AB monster amp, for a nice small cool running amp that sounds just as good. I am worried though that designers and manufacturers have accepted the " It sounds good enough" opinion, and that the B&O Ice power may be a long time before it is "fixed"... sigh.
Just my rant ...
timtim
Class D is the amp of the future; always has been and always will be. LOL If they ever do get them fixed send me a message via medium as I will have been long gone.
'd' amps have a pretty good phase shift in the HF range due to the Zobel. If the frequency were higher, the turnover point could also be higher, getting the phase shift above the audible range.....
Maybe that's it?
TimTim

You created those really cool cables with your cousin to end your stint on the cable merry go round. Maybe you both can now focus on creating a great Class D amp. ;) J/K.
TimTim,

I just built Hypex UCD400HG with HXR monoblocks. They exhibit none of the characteristics you lament in Class D. I built them with a Furutech IEC and Furutech RCAs, Neotech wire and Cardas Patented Binding Posts. They are simply excellent IMHO. They kicked my Berning ZH270 out of my system. In fact, they stomped on my Berning in every respect. The Berning simply isn't better in any area.

Treble is sublime and glare free, soundstage is wide and deep with excellent air and 3 dimensionality, bass is tight, deep and controlled, imaging is excellent, tonality is spot on, etc. They simply exceeded my expectations in all areas. I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

BTW, I am looking forward to hearing your new cables!