Oh how I wish Class D amps ...

I sure wish manufacturers and designers would move forward as quickly as is possible on improving the current status of Class D amps ... I have heard them all, some in my own system, and they have SO mcu promise !!! Unfortunately they just do not have it down yet. They still sound dry, unmusical, and strange in the treble ... kind of chalky and rolled off, and definitely lacking air.
I long for the day I can get rid of my hundred pound Class AB monster amp, for a nice small cool running amp that sounds just as good. I am worried though that designers and manufacturers have accepted the " It sounds good enough" opinion, and that the B&O Ice power may be a long time before it is "fixed"... sigh.
Just my rant ...
timtim
"Jazzcourier ... My McCormack DNA-500 just destroyed the best from Wyred I had sitting here in my system ... Not even close... at all ;-)"

OK.

All that means is you prefer the McCormack.

Nothing more.
Sir Timtim,with a price difference of around 4500 buckaroos i would expect complete annihilation.
Please don't breathe a word of this to my vintage JBL 150's and AR 90's who have a serious crush on that Wyred amp.They positively get up and scream and roar every time i turn it on.Who would have known this June/December romance would be so good! Class D amps on vintage speakers,this is food for the gods.

After a search, here's a post from another thread for what it's worth:

"I know of 2 very committed Mcormick DNA-500 lovers that have both opted to go to Spectron Musician III SE amps."

I guess everyone doesn't think the DNA-500 destroys Class D. :)
Keep in mind that audiofreakgeek is a Nuforce dealer and his comments must be taken in that context.

A dealer disclosure is essential when discussing products in which there is financial interest.