Ohm Speakers, thoughts?

I have long dismissed Ohm speakers as anything that could be competitive in todays state of the art. But of course I want to believe that this "old" American company still has some horsepower left to compete with asian built speakers built by people that take in less money in a week than my dog sitter takes in the couple hours it takes to let my dogs out to crap when I am away for a day :)? The reviews I have read here and there report incredible imaging but what about other aspects of the Ohm 5 II. Any thoughts?
nanderson
Mapman,

My CD player is an Oppo 981HD. The amp is Outlaw 990/7500 (ATI). So my 200s are limited to 200W/ch.

The Oppo is recognized for video. I'm curious as to what a player focused on standard CDs would do.
I also had a couple of "small shop" issues. Ohm was very responsive and everything ended up fine.

I look at it as investing a little of my time in exchange for getting what I wanted at a great value.

As you read through this thread, you will notice a variety of concerns that some people have about these speakers. I find it interesting how much factors other than "how do they sound" rank for some.

If a particular design spec, a particular appearance, or a crisp sales experience are high priorities, you may want to look elsewhere. My top priority was getting the "Walsh sound" I experienced 30 years ago. I'm happy that I've been able to get very close to that.
"If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent."

Isaac Newton (1642 - 1727)
Post removed 
Tvad,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed.

You have to go with your own take on what is worth it.