Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Ah, tonewood....

http://www.edroman.com/customshop/wood/main.htm

Some interesting stuff here.
New member of the Ohm fanboy club here. My first and only truly "good" audio system was back in the early through mid 70's. I had heard a pair of Ohm A's or Ohm F's a few times in a Tech Hi-Fi listening room but as a high school senior with a part time job (at $1.65 hourly!) the big Ohm's were just a dream. I ended up with the much maligned but better than you'd expect Bose 501's (original - not the II's,) a Lenco turntable and a 65 wpc Onkyo integrated amp (Onkyo was unkown to the mass market at that time but a kindly hi-fi nut who worked in a local repair shop steered me to Onkyo.) A variety of circumstances (bad lifestyle choices, becoming a parent unexpectedly at age 25 etc.) resulted in my selling off my system and I've had naught but small integrated amps and bookshelf speakers since then. Some bug caught me this Christmas... I stumbled across a nearly mint pair of Ohm Walsh 2's for $300 locally and my next chapter in audio began. Grabbed a used Adcom 545II (100 wpc) at the same time for $130 and was initially please but not wowed by the sound (was using my NAD integrated amp as a preamp.) A few short weeks later I scored a Harmon Kardon Citation 22 amp from the late 70's/early 80's (200 wpc) and a vintage Conrad Johnson PV2 preamp. My turntable (Technics SL1400 with Shure V15 Type IV cart) has been pulled out of mothballs... and I'm now on the hunt for a good CD player. These speakers with this amp and preamp... even with a crappy Yamaha cD changer or 320kbps mp3's from an iPod as the source... sound EFFING incredible! I'm floored every time I listen to music now and for the first time in close to 30 years I find myself really engaged by the music. :-) I have a problematic living room with a big open archway on across the back, a fireplace with glass doors flanked by deep wall to wall bookshelves and another open archway just a foot in from the front left corner. Have only played a little bit with placement as I have few options but I'm thrilled - truly thrilled - by the sense of life and space that music now has with the Ohm's. They'll even upgrade my 2's to the new generation of drivers for $1400 (versus me buying anew pair of 200's for $2800)but I think I don't want to mess with success. I'll just kick back and enjoy this for awhile!
Phaelon,

Always glad to hear of new OHM affectionados. Welcome aboard! It's a very good ship to be on I would say.
Yeah, welcome aboard Phaelon. Addictive is the word I most often use for my Ohms. And they keep getting better every time I upgrade things upstream.
"And they keep getting better every time I upgrade things upstream."

Yes, me too, though I am mostly done now.

After some detours trying out other lines out over the years, it still then took me several years of rededicated focus to get to where I wanted to be. I'm glad I got back on the OHM bandwagon and persisted.