Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Musical and muscular! I like that description!

I'd love to see some nice photos of those bubinga 5000s.
I'm giving thought to keeping the Ohm 2's and moving them to the bedroom for a second system... with a larger pair of Ohms for the first floor/LR system. Spotted a used pair of Ohm I for sale (not Ohm 1's.) These are conventional speakers in the sens that they have five forward firing drivers but unconventional in that they have an additional three upward facing drivers on top of each speaker. If I drop the hammer on these it is a sale at a distance - no chance to audition them. have any of you heard these and can share thoughts on how different or similar the sound is to the Ohm 2 design and its ilk?
Never heard Is but have almost picked up a pair on several occasions. They are reputed to be quite awsome. They were an interim top of the line design prior to the Walsh cls driver but do not utilize any Walsh driver techlology.
Good to see the old thread active.

Just to chime in: while I'm sure the Ohm's are responsive to all sorts of improvements, one of the factors that keeps me from even auditioning other speakers is how wonderful they are with a quality amp and good placement.

Still the largest and most realistic soundstage I have heard for under about 50K, and my system is nowhere near audiophile quality...
Parasound - Funny you should say you don't even audition speakers anymore. Since I joined my local audio club a few years ago, I have been able to audition dozens of speakers, plus electronics of all sorts. As my earlier posts explain, I love doing this. While before I had the Ohms, these auditions would always send me home completely unexcited by my own rig, now I actually look forward to coming home and firing up the Ohms. I have heard speakers that cost 10 times as much, and more, than my 2000s that I would not trade for. It's really amazing. In fact, the few times I have felt that someone's system was superior was not with mega-buck speakers, but with good mid-priced speakers, like an older Martin Logan model. And yet, I think that front-end, cable and acoustic improvements will get me there, all without a speaker upgrade. I haven't ventured into that "speakers to hold onto for life" thread, but more and more, I am realizing that these might well be my last loudspeakers (barring a lottery hit).

Mapman - I have been dipping my toe into the power cord waters. An entry level PS Audio cord seems to do no harm to my amp, and is perhaps just slightly quieter. A more expensive pc from K-Works, for my preamp, did indeed lower the noise floor and increase apparent soundstage width. Since I will soon need a longer pc for the amp, I expect I will try something else, perhaps Audio Art. Once I get that done, I will finally upgrade my speaker cables, which are older Kimber entry level. I'll keep you posted.