Okay......best single box reference CD player

I currently own a CEC TL-1 transport, along with a dcs Delius and Purcell upsampler.....what one box CD player out there can deliver dynamics, transpareny, smoothness and inner detail that will outperform my current set up. Meridian 808....???? Please let me know your thoughts....
garebear
Fbhifi said:

"...this digital is that good. I'm starting to question the superiority of vinyl playback. Is it possible that dragging a needle through a groove is, in fact, primitive after all?"

I've been having the very same thoughts lately.

Dave
Fbhifi,

Can you please let us know what components you are using in your system. Thanks.
Wow. How does the Playback Designs accomplish what apparently other players cannot? What is the difference or new innovation in a technical sense? The designer must be doing something special or unique?
My System: EMT 928 (Re-plinthed), Dynavector 507 Mk.2, Dynavector DRT-XV1-S; Playback Designs MPS 5; DartZeel amp and pre-amp; Evolution Acoustics MM3.

I'm achieving a synergy with the above components that I've never had before.
Mapman: I do believe that the designer IS "doing something special or unique."
I'm sure you and many others are most interested in discovering exactly how Andreas approached this design. I rather doubt that he will be sharing his design secrets with the world any time soon.