On or off

Hello audiophiles!

I am relatively new to Audiogon. I have a question regarding leaving my amps on or off. My system consists of a  ROTEL RB 1590,  RMB 1585, RMB 1504, Marantz 8802a, OPPO 205 and all powered by a Torus cs bal 20. Should I leave the amps running?

golfnut49

i always leave my solid state gear on all the time.       some amps are basically designed to be left on as its better for internal parts to be on all the time vs being turned off.

some will say that they system doesnt sound right if the system has been turned off for a while and took xx amount of time to sound like it normally does.

since you have already got a 50/50 split on answers and sure you will get more replies on this....you may have to experiment  yourself on this. 

only time you should not only turn off, but also unplug everything is if you are going to be on vacation / out of town for a while and cant be there as never know when bad weather or something could  happen.     that applies to other electronics as well that are in the house.   

i have a mx132 that i leave on 'standby' with the red light on. i also have a mc602 in the remote position with it's red light on also. would this be considered they are 'on'??

My SS monoblocks remain powered on all the time unless I am going out of town or in the event of thunderstorms.  In fact, upon the recommendation of the designer for sound quality, they do not even have an on/off switch - if the PC is plugged in, they are on.