Opinions Needed: Hales vs. Tannoy

I currently have Hales Revelation 3 in my two channel system.  They are powered by a Krell KAV 400xi integrated amplifier.  

My question is whether a switch from the Hales to a pair of Tannoy D700 would be an upgrade or just a lateral move.  I’m looking for more authoritative bass.  My complete current rig is listed in my virtual system.  TIA
128x128dmac67
I personally like Tannoy. You are the one that should make the choice by listening, as sound is very subjective.
I didn't see a picture that included your room and speaker/sub setup. The Elac sub can't be adding much if you are looking for more bass. 
Have you heard Tannoy dual-concentrics before? I was smitten first time I heard one many years ago (Eyris DC3). The D700 is from before even that model, but I remember my old dealer (whom I trust very much) was a huge fan of that particular D700 model even though they already weren’t being sold anymore. With Tannoys you have to be careful about choosing a model that’s well voiced and balanced, because some aren’t, and apparently the D700 is pretty much universally loved.

Most of the single-driver Tannoys don’t have thunderous bass (especially the distributed/vented port Prestige models), but with dual 10" drivers, reflex porting, and supposed good voicing on the D700, I don’t see how you’d be left wanting for more here. Even if a "lateral" move, a good Tannoy DC is always worth trying.

It also looks like this model should be paired with a Solid-State amplifier. Do it!!
That D700 is a classic, and I would surely prefer it over the more analytical Hales. It was also known for the powerful bass that you're looking for.
mulveling and roxy54 thank you for the helpful replies.  Based on your responses, I am making arrangements to audition the Tannoy’s today.  Not in my room but with my integrated, source and speaker cables.

Thanks again