Passive Pre - No Regrets?

I'm interested in hearing from folks who have moved from a high quality active preamp (I'm currently using a CAT SL1 Ulitmate)to a passive preamp and have had no regrets. I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that have switched to a Placette or Sonic Euphoria (the two I'm considering). I'm using a CAT JL2 Amp feeding Merling VSM-MX.
pubul57
Well Tbg, I have the dynamics of active with my passive, carefull matching and testing was required but now I got transparency of passive and the dynamics of active...
TVC performance is still related to impedance matching. I had audiozone TVC passive which worked great with tube amps but was lifeless with pass lab amp ( inped 10K). You can look up the specs on S& B transformer in the desired attenuattion and see if it could work for you.
I agree about the careful system matching required with any passive, including a TVC. But when it all comes together, the dynamics, timing, bass extension, transparency...etc.... is all there in spades with a TVC. Mine has beaten some high dollar active preamps in my system and I have no desire to go back. However, with that said, my preamp does not sound good in all systems. If the matching amp doesn't have enough voltage gain, then all bets are off. As always, YMMV.

Oz
Pubul57,

Sorry for the confusion.

'Aesthetix' should be replaced with 'Placette' in that statement. The correct statement is 'Unfortunately aesthetix does not stand a chance against placette in terms of speed, transparency, soundstage'.

Regards,
Would someone tell me what a TVC design is? I have tried the Placette, the Silver Rock, the Reference, several quality pots with silver selector switches, and the Big Dog.