Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
KLH Model 11 portable record player
Dynaco A25
Seeburg Discotheque Extension (Altec Voice of the Theater components)
IMF ALS40
IMF TLS50
IMF Monitor Mk III
Innersound Eros Mk II - (Active version) w/ Focal JM Labs SW900 Subwoofer
Acoustic Zen Adagio (w/ Focal JM Labs SW900 subwoofer)
RTR III's from 197? - 1993.
B&O Beovox RL60.2's from 1993 - 2005.
EgglestonWorks Fontaine's 2005 - these are what kicked off my current high-end adventure.
Fontaine's augmented with ACI Titan Subwoofer.
Fontaine's with high-pass 65Hz in-line filters from ACI.
Fontaine's with DiffractionBeGone felt tweeter pads.

Fontaine's listed several times as each "tweak" improved their performance such that it seemed I had (new) better speakers.
Bose 301's
Cerwin Vega 35's
Bose AM15
Vandersteen 2ci
Magnepan 1.6qr
Magnepan 3.6R
Gallo Reference 3's

Need to add:

Definitive Technology 7002's

Magnepan 3.6R's (again)
original AR speakers
Advent prodigy towers
Polk model 4 monitors
Design Acoustics sat/sub
Missions
Kef 104
Polk model 10
Signet 260 *
Vandersteen 1B *
Magnepan MMG
Odyssey Audio - Epiphony
PSB image 6t *
Spendor S5e *

* still own
Oh, I can't really remember that far back. My father owned two audio installation and service companies after he left Hi-Fi Associates in Miami. My father always gave my younger brother and me a lot of audio equipment. (I got first dibs, since I was older.) Sometimes the equipment was from trade-ins or older pieces that customers abandoned. I absconded with a lot of equipment from the abandoned pile, including two Dyna ST-70's, a Dyna PAS 3 (PAS 3X, IIRC), an HK Citation 16, and a Hafler pre-amp (a kit that the original owner couldn't assemble; with only two inputs wired, the power supply mounted externally, and some of the controls by-passed, it was a nice little pre-amp). When I moved in the mid-80's, I gave those five pieces of equipment to two of my friends, and they continue to pump out some very good sound to this day.

The speakers that I remember owning from thirty-five to twenty-five years ago were several pairs of AR's, including a set of double AR's (I can't remember the model number; maybe the AR 3's), a large Infinity (jumbo bookshelf or small floor-stander) with a ribbon-type tweeter (not great), and a pair of DCM Time Windows (worse than the Infinitys). I think that I even used the AR's in a quadraphonic system for a while.

My father had a pair of JR 149 speakers, a cylindrical aluminium speaker built by Rogers. They had wood tops and bottoms and a foam grill, IIRC. I really became hooked on their sound, and years later, in 1987, I purchased a pair of used KEF 101 Reference Series, which continue to be the best speaker that I have owned, despite their lack of low end. Recently, on audiogon, primarily as backups for my KEF's, I purchased a pair of Linn Tukans and a pair of Spendor S3/5's. I like the Spendors, but they are not as open as the KEF's, IMO.

This week, a friend gave me a pair of KEF C-65's. They are a small vinyl-covered floor-stander with active and passive woofers. They have a weak high-end, a muffled mid-range, and a boomy low-end. They were not one of KEF's better offerings (they retailed for $700.00; it's really a shame). My wife and 12 year old daughter like them. M daughter thinks that they are going in her room.