PMC speakers?

Hey Y'all,

These speakers have recently been brought to my attention and I would like to hear from anyone that owns them or has auditioned them and what you think of them. Thanks.........John
jrwr7
I use 5 TB2's for the front left / right / left surround / right surround / centre

I use 2 TB1's (the almost identical predecessor to the TB2) for the rear surrounds.

Like a previous poster, I prefer the TB-2 over the FB1. I found the FB1's on the costly side compared to the TB2's. I went with the TB2s because of this and that the TB-2c (centre) is pretty much identical to the TB2

What I like about the PMC's is that they use the exact driver complement for their centres. With the exception of the CC6 / OB1 combo, the matching centre channels even use the same size cabinets in addition to the same drivers and number of them.

Having listened to the IB1's what struck me was the midrange, it was so open and detailed and does not get compressed at high volumes.

Lastly, if you want to save some $, get the studio finish. This would fit perfectly in a HT because it is flat black. The studio finish is only available on the Pro models and not on the home specific models (FB1, OB6, CC6, GB1)
Hey Y'all,

Eric, that sounds like a nice idea except I put great emphasis on the 2 channel music performance of my system. Thus, I think I would be better served by having a larger, full range, as the main speakers. As I mentioned above, I would keep my subs but I may not have to use them for music if I have, say, the OB1s as the mains. But that I will have to listen to first before I can make that decision. Thanks for the suggestion though. Is there anyone else that has experience with the speakers I've mentioned? I would also like someone to describe the sound character of these speakers. Are they forward, laid back, neutral? Thanks.......John
I have a pair of MB1 speakers, with Bryston 7 B SST amps, and they sound incredibly real! They go the whole way from very deep via very clean midrange to excellent highs. The absolute best sound that I have ever heard in a home setup, I am thrilled. The music is right there, with a soundstage to die for. I will never sell them!
The only thing is, they may be too big for a home theatre setup, as they need room to blossom.
Hi Jrwr7,

I have listened to the DB1 with Bryston B60 and TB2 with Bryston BP25/4B-SST at the local dealer. They sound great! I find PMC speakers very revealing and yet not fatiguing to the ears. I feel they have a smidgen more detail in the top-end than the Sonus Faber Grand Pianos that I own.

I didn't get to listen to the huge MB2 hooked to the 7B-SST's since the system was not powered up at that time.

All I can say is that you won't be disappointed with the PMC's. I just wished I could afford the IB1.
I have the PMC GB1's and have been using them for about 10 days.

They sound great to me, especially female vocals, and seem to be very effortless with little directness in the sound.

The bass is very tight and controlled but I do feel it lacks the ability to play the full range of music.

I am currently using a Rotel RSP1076/RMX 1075 Pre Power combo. This doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Cyrus and Moon stereo amplifiers that I auditioned the speakers with. I am probably going to buy one of these for CD playback and use them as a power amp in 5 channel operation.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this will make a significant difference to the sound quality of my stereo.

Thanks

Alex
Melbourne, Australia