Possible iOS-13 and Audioquest Dragonfly Red compatibility issue

Here's my problem: I replaced my now obsolete iPhone 6 with an iPhone 11 (iOS-13.1.2). I am using an Apple Lightening-USB 3 camera dongle (it has a Lightening power/charging port, a Lightening phone connector and a USB slot) to connect a set of Etymotic Research ER4-SR earphones to the iPhone. The ER4-SR is plugged into the Dragonfly which is itself plugged into an Audioquest Jitterbug. The chain is:iPhone 11-->USB-3 connector-->Jitterbug-->Dragonfly-->Etymotic earphones.

This set-up functioned perfectly with the iPhone 6 using iOS-12 but it doesn't work with iOS-13 on the new phone. Interestingly, this ensemble continues to work flawlessly when playing AudioEngine A2+ speakers (wall powered) with both the iPhone 11 and also with the iPhone 6. 

When I insert the USB-3 connector-->Jitterbug-->Dragonfly-->earphones into the iPhone 11, the Dragonfly "powers up" but there's no sound transmission through the earphones. I've removed the Jitterbug and just used the Dragonfly + USB connector + earphones: same problem. I've checked the phone's Lightening port with the Apple-supplied Lightening earbuds and they work. I re-tested the Etymotic earphones in this chain connected to the iPhone 6 and they work. So, it doesn't seem to be component failure.

In summary, as far as I can tell I've sequentially tested each component of this chain and everything works except when the ensemble is plugged into the iPhone 11 separated from external power. Based on all this, it seems to be a power issue. 

I've called Audioquest and spoke to someone in customer service. He is not aware of any incompatibilities. 

I've ordered a Lightening-->3.5mm connector so I can use the Etymotic earphones without the Audioquest components. A compromise that falls short of audiophile standards but hopefully it will work.

Any insights? Have I overlooked anything? Has anyone else had a problem of this sort?
kacomess
Have you directed the audio via the ios? Is it possible the audio is being directed to, say, bluetooth?

At any screen, swipe up on the screen. The control center should be displayed. In the player (upper right on my iPhone) tap the little triangle ball thingy. 

That should present you with a list of audio output targets. (Really wish Audiogon let us paste images) Select the Dragonfly or whatever appears. My Mojo shows up as Mojo.

Same iOS setup as you except a iphone 8 and a Chord Mojo.

It could very well be a power issue.
Technically no iPhone or iPad should work like that as there is just not enough juice supplied by it for the Dragonfly and Jitterbug combo.
However some do, obviously the 6 does.
I had EXACTLY the same issue with my iPad mini2.
I solved it by adding a powered usb3 hub before the chain.
Instant success and just $22 from Wal-Mart, or even less from Amazon.
dbtom: I accessed the iOS-13 control center and it does not appear to have an audio output option. There have been some other unusual changes in the new OS, too. These include the inability to display the percentage battery charge alongside the battery icon and the same thing with the VPN notice (when I'm using NordVPN which is all the time except on my encrypted home WiFi). These are only accessible with a screen swipe in iOS-13.

uberwaltz: I reached the same conclusion about inadequate power to the Dragonfly from the iPhone running off the battery. I'm just perplexed though as to why the Dragonfly icon lights when the ensemble is plugged in. I imagine (but then again, I'm not an engineer) that power to external plug-ins was reduced by Apple to extend battery life. So, I just tested the power hypothesis and you are right! Plugging the iPhone 11 into the wall and then hooking up the whole mess (the Apple USB-3 connector --> Jitterbug -->Dragonfly-->Etymotic earphones)...it works!  I understand the Dragonfly Cobalt draws less power, but I don't use the phone absent external power often enough to justify the purchase.

THANKS to all!
Keith