Power Amplifier - Maximum Resolution & Detail!

I am assuming some of you have experienced the following.... All else being the same in the chain, you replaced a power amplifier and started hearing more resolution and detail, perhaps a lil more in a track that you have heard a thousand times.

Ime, the higher you go up in price doesn't necessarily guarantee that you could experience the above mentioned. It seems to come down to the nitty gritty of the circuits under consideration, i.e., the black art of power delivery and analog circuit design.

What is a power amp you may have experimented with that provided the maximum detail and resolution at any price? (Not just perceived changes in tonal balance, etc).

I am hoping to shortlist a power amp based on some suggestions here for a future purchase.

P.S. If you are an ASR type of guy who thinks all power amps sound the same, this may not the right thread for you, I suppose...

deep_333

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I replaced my Dayton Audio APA 150 amp that was used to power my nearfield computer speakers with a new Parasound Zamp and have found the sound quality from the Dayton was night and day superior! The Dayton was $200 and the Zamp was $300.

Post removed 

Detail and Resolution, BUT with musicality and liquidity?  EZ; Audionet.

Under 30k:Audionet Max amps

The Best: Audionet Heisenbergs 

Also sounded great : Mola Mola Perca

and:  WestmisterLab  REI amps.

@audiodwebe , back in the ’90s I used to work with a guy who bought a pair of them. He described them as sounding three dimensional, but he was known for hyperbole and embellishment. I never did make it over to his place to listen to his system, but now I wish I would have. I know that Cary used to say that those amps would drive just about anything. (There have been some discussions as to whether all watts are created equal, but if what Cary said about the ability of those watts to drive any speakers, that would make me think that those were some pretty good watts.)

@deep_333   That is true. A factory has all sorts of QC in place, which only makes sense if you are making a bunch of them. For a short run, it's easier just to troubleshoot individual units.

But chassis volume is at a premium, and hand-work, like wiring a discrete volume control, is pretty much out of the question for a factory. Since the best components, especially caps, tend to be bigger, there is often no way to shoe-horn the best components into place.

So DIY can involve new chassis, and with that, new capabilities and controls which only you care about. It's very much a custom solution - but I thought that if President Carter can make his own furniture, I would try my hand at my own audio.